[MUD-Dev] Supporting RP+PG
ashen at pixi.com
Sun Jun 22 19:20:42 New Zealand Standard Time 1997
Thanks Caliban and Jeff for your comments.
Here are my plans already:
- hiding all statistics. (HP,skills,levels,etc.)
health is a graphic % bar. they've got no idea
what their absolute points are, only how hurt
out of the whole.
- therefore no players should notice advancement,
which is incredibly minor anyway (2-3 hp). with
stats less on their mind, hopefully they turn their
play attention to:
- political system (nobles/leaders have power to
influence the builders of their areas to make
at least cosmetic changes.
- games within the mud. there is a computer-
controlled hexapawn player, plus a chessboard
for player games, plus a couple other intellect
games (ACRO-nym) for groups.
- quests are not required for anything, but they
will add to player abilities (improve language
skills, increase popularity with NPcharacters).
- since all-out RPers can hop into bodies, i'll
encourage them to deal with 'assholes' in-theme
:>In bars and taverns, however, all race languages are 100%
perhaps I'll limit this only to the game rooms, then, leaving
bars and taverns for casual conversation with normal langs.
ambitious, yes - I want to see it work. if it doesn't, it
doesn't, but I've got to try again...
More information about the MUD-Dev